Akorn Privacy Notice
How your information will be used:
1. The information the Charity holds regarding volunteers will be used for our management and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately, during the recruitment process, whilst you are volunteering for us, at the time when your volunteering ends and after you have left. This includes using information to enable us to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Charity and protect our legal position.
2. We may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate charitable interests, for example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes or reporting potential crimes. We will never process your data where these interests are overridden by your own interests.
3. Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you and you will have given explicit consent for us to process that information. Some may come from other internal sources, such as your line manager, or in some cases external sources, such as referees.
4. The sort of information we hold includes your application form and references, and documents you have signed; correspondence with or about you, contact and emergency contact details; information needed for equal opportunities monitoring policy; and records such as training records and supervisions
5. You will inevitably be referred to in some Charity documents and records that are produced by your colleagues in the course of carrying out their duties and the business of the Charity, such as client histories.
6. Other than as mentioned below, we will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so.
7. The length of time your personal data will be stored for is dependent upon the nature of that data. Your personal data will only be stored whilst you are a volunteer of Akorn.
8. If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected we will provide you with information on that purpose and any other relevant information.
9. Under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
10. If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
11. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to your personal data.
12. Akorn Charity is the controller and processor of data for the purposes of the GDPR.
13. If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact:
Neil Folkes, Trustee :